Tuesday, December 2, 2014
Tuesday, November 11, 2014
The following items will be prohibited ath the concert:
- Animals other than helper/guide dogs
- Hard shelled coolers
- Glass containers
- Illegal firearms
- Laser pointers
- Mace/pepper spray
- Folding tables, tents, chairs (and other items that could be considered "structures")
- Unmanned aerial systems
- Any other items determed to be a potnetial hazard
The following additional items are prohibited within the reserved seating and ticketed areas of the concert, the area approximately from 3rd Street to 6th Street, between Madison Drive NW to the north and Jefferson Drive SW to the south.
- All firearms
Sunday, November 9, 2014
Contact: Mike Litterst, National Park Service, 202-245-4676
Contact: Sgt. Lelani Woods, U.S. Park Police, 202-619-7163
Washington –The National Park Service and the United States Park Police in cooperation with local, state and federal law enforcement, public safety and transportation agencies, have developed security, logistics and access plans for HBO's permitted Concert for Valor. The concert will take place on Tuesday, November 11 from 7-10 p.m. on the National Mall. Click here for a map of concert venue, including road closures and access points.
The following roads will be closed and off-limits to vehicles starting at 6 a.m. on Tuesday, November 11:
- Constitution Avenue NW from Pennsylvania Avenue NW to 18th Street NW
- Madison Drive NW from 3th Street NW to 15th Street NW
- Jefferson Drive SW from 3rd Street SW to 15th Street SW
- Independence Avenue SW from 3rd Street SW to 17th Street SW
- Maryland Avenue SW from Independence Avenue SW to 7th Street SW
- 3rd Street from Constitution Avenue NW to C Street SW
- 4th Street from Pennsylvania Avenue NW to C Street SW
- 6th Street NW from Pennsylvania Avenue NW to Constitution Avenue NW
- 6th Street SW from Independence Avenue SW to C Street SW
- 7th Street from Pennsylvania Avenue NW to C Street SW
- 10th Street from Pennsylvania Avenue NW to Independence Avenue SW
- 12th Street ramp from I-395 to Pennsylvania Avenue NW
- 14th Street from E Street NW to C Street SW
- 15th Street from E Street NW to Maine Avenue SW
- 17th Street from C Street NW to Independence Avenue SW
Additional closures will be in place in advance of the concert to allow for setup of the venue. These include:
- 4th Street from Pennsylvania Avenue NW to C Street SW will be closed from 12:01 a.m. Monday, November 3 through Wednesday, November 12 at 10 a.m.
- Madison Drive NW from 3rd Street NW to 4th Street NW will be closed from 6 a.m. on November 10 through 10 a.m. on November 12.
Concert-goers are strongly advised to use public transportation.
All Metro stations will be open from 5 a.m. until midnight on November 11 EXCEPT Smithsonian, which will be closed because it is within the security zone for the concert. Selected Metro stations near the National Mall will remain open after midnight, if needed, until all passengers in line are accommodated. See Metro's Concert for Valor Metrorail Service Information page for full details.
ADA Parking and Shuttle Service
ADA shuttle bus service will be provided from 10 a.m. until 11 p.m. on November 11 for concert attendees. Prearranged ADA parking is available at RFK Stadium Lot 3. Passengers in need of ADA service and their attendants will be dropped off on Independence Avenue SW at 6th Street SW. Parking and transportation arrangements can be made at www.ustreetparking.com.
The following public entry points will open at 10 a.m. on Tuesday, November 11, 2014, and will remain open until the concert venue can no longer accommodate additional people.
- 4th Street NW and Madison Drive NW (credentialed media, ticketed and VIP guests ONLY)
- 4th Street SW and Jefferson Drive SW (credentialed media, ticketed and VIP guests ONLY)
- 7th Street NW and Madison Drive SW
- 7th Street SW and Independence Avenue SW
- 12th Street NW and Madison Drive NW
- 12th Street SW and Independence Avenue SW
- 14th Street NW and Madison Drive NW
- 15th Street NW and Constitution Avenue NW
The following public entry points will open at 2 p.m. on Tuesday, November 11, 2014, and will remain open until the concert venue can no longer accommodate additional people.
- 15th Street SW and Independence Avenue SW
- 17th Street NW and Constitution Avenue NW
All attendees, including general public and ticketed guests, are subject to a thorough security screening before entering the concert venue. Please allow additional time for the security screening, as it is expected that lines may be long.
Automated Notification System
To receive text alerts, advisories, traffic information, and additional updates about the concert via the Nixle community information service, text VALOR2014 to 888777.
The following items will be prohibited at the concert:
Alcohol, Ammunition, Animals other than helper/guide dogs, Balloons, Bicycles, Hard shelled coolers, Explosives/fireworks, Glass containers, Illegal firearms, Laser pointers, Mace/pepper spray, Folding tables, tents, chairs (and other items that could be considered "structures"), Weapons, Unmanned aerial systems, Any other items determined to be a potential safety hazard.
For information about the Concert for Valor, including lineup and schedule for the show, visit www.theconcertforvalor.com.